WhatsApp Button

International Journal of Healthcare and Medical Sciences

Online ISSN: 2414-2999
Print ISSN: 2415-5233

Quarterly Published (4 Issues Per Year)


Volume 10 Number 1 March 2024

Assessment of Severity Level of Gastrointestinal Bleeding Patients with Associated Cardiology Disease with Different Scales

Authors: Namazova K. N. ; Hasanov F. C. ; Samedov E. N., et. al.
Pages: 7-13
DOI: doi.org/10.32861/ijhms.101.7.13
The purpose of this study is to select and compare a range of rating scales to assess the clinical status of high-risk patients with gastrointestinal bleeding (GIB). It was based on the evaluation of the severity of the disease by applying different integral scales in patients with heart disease and developing acute GIB. We evaluated the condition of the patients with Forest (F), Rockall and Glasgow-Blatkford integral scales. We achieved endoscopic homeostasis in 11.81% of patients. We managed to cure 69.15% of patients with conservative treatment and 19.04% with surgical treatment. According to the results of the Rockall scale, 23.63% of high-risk patients and 31.73% of higher-risk patients (total 55.36%) were. However, 19.04% of patients with a severity score above 6 required surgery. Based on these results, we believe that in patients with heart disease and GIB, the severity of the patient’s condition and the Glasgow-Blatkford integral scale are more appropriate in choosing the treatment protocol to be selected.

Relationship between Social Support, Adherence to Pharmacological Treatment, and Quality of Life among Hemodialysis Patients

Authors: Amina Ibrahim Badawy ; Nahed A Raslan ; Sara Essam Bauomy, et. al.
Pages: 1-6
DOI: doi.org/10.32861/ijhms.101.1.6
Social support and level of adherence to medications influences the quality of life among hemodialysis patients. The study aimed to investigate the relationship between social support, adherence to pharmacological treatment, and quality of life among hemodialysis patients. A correlational descriptive study was conducted on a convenience sample of 102 hemodialysis patients. Four tools were used to collect the required data: Demographic Data Sheet, Kidney Disease and Quality of Life, Perceived Social Support Scale, and Adherence to Pharmacological Treatment. Results of the study revealed that social support has a positive effect on adherence to pharmacological medications, and quality of life.